Jerusalem artichoke, celeriac and orange soup with gremolata
This velvet potage is deceptive. It tastes so creamy but does not have a drop of dairy in it.
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|750 g||Celeriac, peeled and diced|
|500 g||Jerusalem artichokes|
|½ tsp||Saffron threads, soaked in a little hot water (optional)|
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and cook until softened.
- Add the celeriac, cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to a blender in batches and liquidise to a smooth purée. For the gremolata garnish, finely chop all the ingredients and mix together.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and spoon over the gremolata.