Belly cut shoulder of pork with roasted vegetables
( SERVES 4 )
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Using a sharp knife, score the skin of the pork and rub with salt and cumin seeds, making sure you rub in between the slices.
- Brush the pork with olive oil and tuck rosemary sprigs into the cuts in the skin. Pour over the wine and stock. Cook for 2 hours, adding more liquid if necessary.
- Add the carrots, parsnips, garlic and onion. Cook all together for 1 hour.
- Remove the pork and keep the vegetables warm while grilling the skin of the pork. Watch carefully to make sure it becomes crisp without burning.
- Serve slices of pork with the cooking liquid spooned over and the roasted vegetables on the side.