Roast duck crostini with beetroot pickle and mascarpone
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Cut the beetroot in half, season, then wrap in tinfoil and bake for 1 hour.
- Cool, then peel and slice finely. Mix with the oil, vinegar, sugar and seasoning. Let marinate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Heat a frying pan, add olive oil then slice the skin of the duck. Place the breast skin side down and cook for 5 minutes. Season then turn over and continue cooking for a further 5 minutes. Let rest before slicing.
- Lightly toast slices of baguette, then top with slices of duck, beetroot pickle and small spoonfuls of mascarpone.