La plancha-style scotch steak
( SERVES 2 )
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tin with foil. In a mixing bowl, toss the olive oil, mushrooms, rosemary and garlic together. Spread out the mushrooms and cook for 14 minutes, turning after seven minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan, season your steaks, add a little oil and fry steaks to your liking.
- Remove from the frying pan and rest for half the amount of cooking time on a cooling rack - do not cover with foil.
- Heat a deep-fryer or wok with high-heat oil to 180C. Place the flour and buttermilk in separate mixing bowls. Dredge the onion rings in flour, then buttermilk, then flour again.
- Deep-fry until golden, drain on absorbent paper and season with sea salt. Place the steaks on a wooden board and serve with the mushrooms and onion frites.