Pork chops, roasted chilli, tamarillos and bok choy
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Cut a cross on the end of each tamarillo with the point of a sharp paring knife. Put into a bowl and cover with boiling water.
- After 20 minutes, remove the fruit and peel. Preheat oven to 180C. Slice the fruit and place in a baking dish. Dot with butter, pour over the port, sprinkle in the sugar and add the stock.
- Chop the chillies, removing the seeds if less heat is desired, and add. Season, then bake for 15 minutes, turn and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Heat a frypan, add the oil and extra butter. Season the pork chops and cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side, turning once golden.
- Serve the pork with the chilli tamarillos and steamed bok choy.