Wild pork and sage burgers with red wine and balsamic onions
|300 g||Pork mince, or wild pork|
|½||Onion, finely sliced|
|½ cup||Fresh sage, chopped|
|70 g||Salad greens|
|1||Red onion, sliced|
|125 ml||Red wine|
|81 ml||Balsamic vinegar|
|2 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
|20 g||Butter, cubed|
|1 to drizzle||Oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Dice onion and garlic, and 'sweat' in a hot pan until soft but not coloured. Set aside to cool.
- Place mince in a bowl and add the onions, sage and beaten egg. Season and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- Put patties in hot pan with oil and brown (about 2 minutes a side). Place in pre-heated oven at 150 degC to finish cooking (about 8 minutes).
- Fry onion gently until soft, add red wine and reduce by half. Add balsamic vinegar, reduce, stir through brown sugar and add two knobs of butter.
- Toast burger buns. Top with salad greens, tomato, camembert and then patty. Spoon over sauce.