Gouda, sage and ham pinwheels
( MAKES 12 )
- Preheat oven to 220C. Grease an oven tray.
- Put the flour, salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl. Using your fingertips, rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Whisk the egg and milk together. Add enough to the dry mix until it holds together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knead.
- Roll out, using a little flour to prevent the rolling pin sticking. Place the ham, sage leaves and gouda on one edge, then roll over.
- Brush with the eggwash and bake for 10 minutes.
- Slice into rounds then brush with the eggwash again and bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden.