Prawns with garlic & chillies
( SERVES 4 )
- Wash the prawns well. Leave in a sieve for a while, then pat dry. Put in a bowl.
- Add the cayenne pepper, pepper, salt and chillies. Mix well. The prawns may be covered and refrigerated until needed.
- Put the oil in a karahi, wok or frying pan and set over a medium-high heat. When hot, put in the mustard seeds. As soon as they begin to pop, a matter of seconds, add the garlic and stir once or twice.
- Quickly put in the prawns and curry leaves. Stir a few times.
- To grate the tomato, use the coarsest side of the grater, press the tomato firmly to break the skin and grate off as much flesh as possible until only the skin is left.
- Add the grated tomato. Stir a few times. Turn the heat down to medium-low and let the prawns cook gently, stirring just until they turn opaque, a matter of 2 or 3 minutes. Serve immediately.