Cheat's Chocolate Croissants
These are cheat's chocolate croissants. Although I don't pretend they are anywhere near as good as what you buy in a French bakery, they are perfectly acceptable, especially if you make sure you use butter puff pastry and good chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 220 degC. Cut each sheet of pastry into three triangles the length of the pastry.
- Taking one triangle, place the long side of the triangle nearest to you and the narrow point furthest away.
- Scatter a few chocolate pieces 2cm in from the long edge of the pastry.
- Roll pastry over chocolate towards the narrow point. Press edges to seal and fold into a crescent shape.
- Place on a cold baking tray and brush with lightly whisked egg. Continue with remaining chocolate and pastry.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden. Dust with icing sugar to serve.