Gluten-free orange and passionfruit cake
( SERVES 8 )
This is an unbelievably easy recipe so next time you want a gluten-free cake, give this one a try.
- Put the whole oranges into a saucepan. Add the water then boil for 45 minutes. Let cool in the juice.
- Preheat oven to 160 degC. Line a loose-bottomed cake tin with baking paper.
- Process the whole oranges in a food processor with the Drambuie, eggs, sugar, baking powder and almonds, adding just enough of the orange cooking liquid to make a smooth paste. Process until just mixed.
- Pour into the lined tin and bake for approximately 1 hour.
- Serve with passionfruit and cream or yoghurt.