Pattani chicken pot with spices
For the paste:
|1 Tbsp||Garlic, chopped|
|1 tsp||Coriander seeds, roasted|
|1 tsp||Cumin seeds, roasted|
|½ tsp||Cardamom seeds, roasted|
|1 piece||Cassia bark|
For the chicken:
- Using a pestle and mortar, grind the paste ingredients until smooth.
- Coat the chicken thighs with the paste and refrigerate for four hours.
- Heat a wok of vegetable oil to 175C and deep-fry the shallots until golden, then drain on kitchen towel.
- Deep-fry the chicken until coloured on the outside and place into a deep-sided pot with the shallots, rice and stock.
- Bring to the boil, cover and turn the heat down to the lowest setting, add the kaffir lime leaves and cook for approximately 25 minutes.
- Serve with a green papaya, chilli, lime and coriander salad.