Pumpkin & parmesan scones
( SERVES 16 )
- Preheat oven to 200C. Grease a 22cm square cake pan. Beat butter, sugar and egg until light and fluffy. Stir in pumpkin.
- Sift in flour and nutmeg and add milk. Use knife to cut milk through flour to make a soft, sticky dough.
- Turn dough on to floured surface and knead gently until smooth. Press dough out to 2cm thickness. Cut into 5cm rounds. Place rounds in pan. Knead scraps together and repeat.
- Brush scones with milk. Sprinkle with cheese, pepper and salt.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve warm.