Empress braised chicken wings
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, wine, ginger and garlic.
- Fold through the chicken wings and marinate for one hour in the refrigerator, covered.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving the marinade liquid.
- Lightly coat the chicken in the cornflour.
- Heat a wok, add the oil then the chicken wings and brown slowly all over.
- Add the water, pineapple juice, leftover marinade, spring onions and ginger.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender.