Roasted courgette rolls (Involtini di Zucchini)
( SERVES 4 )
The involtini combines northern and southern Italy (the cheese is from the north, courgettes are typically southern) and begs to be enjoyed with a glass of prosecco as a snack or a nibble any time of the day.
|100 g||Gorgonzola, chopped into chunks|
|1 handful||Basil leaves|
|6||Sun-dried tomatoes, finely sliced|
- Preheat the over to 180C.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut the courgettes lengthways into slices about 5mm thick. Arrange the slices on a plate, sprinkle with salt and leave to rest for 40 minutes, until they have exuded some liquid and are soft.
- Pat the courgette slices dry with a tea towel, place on a lightly oiled baking tray and brush with some of the marinade. Roast the courgettes in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the edges begin to golden.
- Turn the courgette slices over, brush with the remaining marinade and cook for a further minute. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Add a few pieces of the gorgonzola, a couple of slices of sun-dried tomato and a leaf or two of basil.