Bring home the bacon
It's an update on good old BLTs - just the thing for munching on while watching sport, or as a tasty bar-snack with a beer.
Bacon & wasavo hero sandwich
|1 to taste||Salt|
|1||Lime, juice only, or lemon|
|1 tsp||Wasabi paste, (depending on your heat-tolerance)|
|1 Tbsp||Fresh parsley, finely chopped|
|1 to drizzle||Olive oil|
|1 loaf||Ciabatta bread|
|250 g||Bacon, (Beehive Craft Series Maple & Nutmeg Middle Bacon)|
|1 to serve||Sundried tomato pesto, or tomato paste|
|1 to serve||Lettuce leaf, or mixed bean sprouts|
- Make the wasavo: Mash the deseeded and peeled avocado with lime or lemon juice and a little salt. Add the wasabi paste and parsley and mash again.
- Heat a little olive oil in a heavy pan. Stir-fry the bacon until crisp. Scissor-snip into biteable chunks.
- Slice open the ciabatta and brush sparingly with olive oil. Toast lightly under the grill. Spread with a little tomato pesto or paste.
- Spread wasavo generously on the toasted bread and layer on the warm bacon and beansprouts or lettuce leaves.
- Wrap a paper towel or serviette around both ends of the filled loaf and cut in half to serve.