Pear, lime and ginger cake
- In a small saucepan, stir the first amount of butter and brown sugar until combined, then pour into a lined cake tin. Slightly overlap the pears in the base on the tin.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and ginger into a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 165 degC.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the second amount of butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, then add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between additions.
- Add the golden syrup and lime, beating well, and then alternate with the sour cream and the flour mix, folding until just combined.
- Pour the mixture over the pears and bake for 90 minutes.