Pear, lime and ginger cake
- Preheat oven to 165C.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, stir the first amount of butter and brown sugar until combined and melted, then pour into a lined cake tin (not a springform pan). Slightly overlap the pears in the base of the tin.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and ginger into a bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the second amount of butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, then add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between additions.
- Add the golden syrup and lime, beating well, then alternate with the sour cream and the flour mix, folding until just combined.
- Pour the mixture over the pears and bake for 90 minutes. Let stand in the tin for 5 imnutes before running a knife around the side and turning out.