Strawberry Eton mess
- In a liquidiser, puree the halved strawberries, vanilla, orange, balsamic vinegar, first amount of sugar (1 Tbsp) and salt.
- Transfer to a saucepan and cook slightly to deepen the colour. Pass through a sieve and chill.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the thickened cream and second amount of sugar until stiff, then fold through the diced strawberries.
- Add the meringues, start to fold, then pour in the puree (keeping 50ml back for garnish). Continue to fold until a ripple effect is formed.
- Shape on to a platter, scatter over any remaining bits of meringue, drizzle with the remaining puree and dust with icing sugar.