- Preheat oven to 150 degC.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oatmeal, salt, baking soda and brown sugar.
- Make a well in the centre, add the butter and mix. Then add the hot water until the mix comes together as a dough.
- Wipe your kitchen bench with a damp cloth and spread two sheets of cling film across the surface.
- Place some of the mixture on to the wrap, cover with two more sheets and roll out until 3mm thick.
- Cut into desired shapes and place on a non-stick paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes until crisp.
- Store in an airtight container.