Panko-crumbed fish fingers with feta, chervil and lemon
( SERVES 12 )
- Quarter and boil the potatoes in salted water until soft, drain then mash.
- Heat a little butter and olive oil together in a pan and cook the fish over a medium heat until just cooked.
- Let cool then flake into small pieces. In a bowl, combine the potato, fish, lemon, feta, chervil and seasoning.
- Using wet hands, shape into small fingers.
- Set up two plates and one bowl. Cover one plate with seasoned flour and the second with panko crumbs.
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a bowl and season. Dip the fish fingers firstly into the flour, then the egg followed by the crumbs.
- Heat a large fry pan and cover with a film of olive oil. Cook the fingers in batches turning often until golden and crispy on all sides.
- Serve hot with a tomato chutney or sauce to dip into and a squeeze of lemon.