|200 g||Frozen peas, defrosted|
|2||Leeks, washed and cut into .5cm slices|
|30 g||Dried porcini mushrooms, soaked in warm water for 15 minutes and drained|
|200 ml||Double cream|
|3 Tbsp||Flat leaf (Italian) parsley, chopped|
|2 pinches||Smoked paprika|
|60 g||Pecorino cheese, freshly grated|
|1 to taste||Salt|
- Use a potato peeler to scrape the asparagus stalks, discarding the woody ends. Chop the stalks into 2cm long pieces. Drop into a medium saucepan of boiling salted water and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately refresh under cold running water to prevent them from discolouring. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the peas, mushrooms, leeks and asparagus and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Pour in the cream and continue to cook for a further minute, stirring continuously.
- Mix in the parsley and paprika, season with salt and set aside.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and tip back into the same pan.
- Pour in the asparagus sauce and stir everything together for 30 seconds to allow the flavours to combine.
- Divide between four serving plates, sprinkle over the pecorino cheese and serve immediately.