( SERVES 12 )
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a muffin or friand tray.
- Put the butter and almonds into a bowl. Lightly whisk the egg whites with a fork and add.
- Sift the icing sugar and flour together and add to the bowl with the espresso.
- Gently stir all the ingredients together until just combined, then spoon into the tray, filling approximately half-full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before turning out on to a cooling rack.