Chicken, leek and tarragon pies
- Preheat oven to 190 degC.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in large frying pan over high heat. Add the mince and cook, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon, for 4-5 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the remaining oil, leek, onion and garlic to the pan and cook for 2- 3 minutes or until softened.
- Return the mince to the pan with the flour and stock and cook for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir through the cream, tarragon, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cut 4 x 20cm rounds from the pastry and use to line 4 x 10cm round lightly greased springform tins lined with non-stick baking paper.
- divide the mince between the tins and fold over pastry to enclose. Brush with egg and bake for 40 minutes or until golden.
Tips and tricks: You can make the filling for the chicken pies up to 1 day beforehand. Place the mixture in the fridge until you're ready to make the pies. To test your chicken is cooked, insert a skewer into the thigh. If the juices run clear, not pink, it's cooked. Cover the chicken with aluminium foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving.