Tangelo turkish delight
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, tangelo juice and lemon juice. Stir and bring to the boil and take to the soft ball stage at 116C using a thermometer. Remove from the heat.
- Boil two cups of water. In a mixing bowl, blend one cup of cornflour, creme of tartar and one cup of water until smooth. Add the boiling water and stir over an element until the mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Pour the tangelo syrup into the cornflour mixture, stirring constantly. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 1/4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rose water, food colouring and nuts and remove from the heat.
- Pour into an oiled cake tin and leave to cool for 12 hours. Turn out and cut into cubes and roll through the icing sugar mix.