Beetroot, duck and orange
( SERVES 2 )
- Lightly scrub the beetroot if necessary but don't peel. Slice as finely as possible.
- Heat the olive and walnut oils in a fry pan then cook in batches, turning over as soon as the slices are golden on one side, approximately one minute per side. Drain on paper towels, then let cool.
- Wipe the pan. Prick the skin of the duck then cook in a hot pan, skin side down for 5 minutes. Season and turn over, cooking for a further 5 minutes. Let rest before slicing.
- Peel and segment the oranges, reserve the juice to add to the walnuts and creme fraiche to make the dressing, season.
- Combine the beetroot, duck and orange. Spoon over the dressing and add flat-leafed parsley to taste.