Baby pavs with kiwifruit and vanilla syrup
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat oven to 180C. Put the egg whites into a bowl and begin beating with electric beater until peaks form.
- Beat in the sugar a little at a time until thick, stiff and glossy. Mix together the vinegar, vanilla and cornflour. Fold through the meringue.
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper and spoon the mixture into circles approximately 5cm high. Flatten the tops.
- Place in oven then turn the temperature to 100C. Bake for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, leave the pavlovas in the oven with the door ajar until cold.
- To make the vanilla syrup; put the water and sugar into a saucepan. Scrape the seeds from the split vanilla bean into the saucepan then simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Let cool before using.
- Top the pavlovas with a little whipped cream and slices of kiwifruit. Drizzle with syrup.