- Preheat the oven to 200 degC. Mix together the dry ingredients, then add the beer. If it's a bit dry, add a little extra liquid. Mix well.
- Tip into a well-greased loaf tin and sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes.
- Being a sharp-eyed bloke, you probably noted that cans or stubbies usually hold less than 400ml.
- To make up the liquid, I add a warm water/oil mix of about 50ml water and 20ml vegetable oil.
* Peter has tried this loaf with various beers and has yet to come across one that doesn't work. Pale ale, stout, it's all fine.
* Our mate Brett reckons adding two teaspoons of cajun spices (a pre-mixed combination that you can buy at the supermarket) works well, too.
* Experiment with some extra ingredients. As long as you stay with the base elements and the ratios, not much can go wrong.