Cured salmon with licorice puree, goat's cheese and mascarpone sorbet
For the Salmon
|75 g||Sea salt|
|1||Boneless salmon fillet|
|110 g||Brown sugar|
|2 Tbsp||Chinese five spice|
For the salmon
- Combine all ingredients except salmon and mix.
- Place salmon on a rack under baking paper. Transfer to a flat tray.
- Place curing mix on salmon to cover completely.
- Refrigerate for three days, turning each day.
- Slice licorice as thinly as possible. Put cream and licorice in a saucepan and bring close to boil.
- Reduce for 10 minutes, or until licorice is very soft.
- Stir continuously to stop the licorice from sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Combine all ingredients and churn according to icecream-maker's instructions.
- Freeze until ready to serve.
- Wash salmon thoroughly and pat dry. Slice to desired size.
- Place licorice puree in the middle of the plate and place salmon on top.
- Garnish with soft herbs and edible flowers. Crumble the goats' cheese around the salmon.
- Scoop the sorbet next to the salmon and serve immediately.