Beef tournedos with parsnip chips
( SERVES 4 )
- To make the butter, mix the peppercorns and chervil into 50g of the butter, season, then shape into a roll between a piece of greaseproof paper. Freeze until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Peel and slice the parsnips into lengths. Toss in olive oil and seasoning then bake for 30 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, melt 25g of butter in a pan, add the finely diced shallots and garlic and cook until pale and soft. Add the finely diced mushrooms, cream and seasoning. Gently simmer until a thick puree. Keep warm.
- Melt the rest of the butter and fry the rounds of bread until golden on both sides.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a fry pan. Cook the steaks for 3 minutes on each side for rare. Let rest before assembling.
- Place the toasted bread on warmed plates topped with the mushroom puree then the beef, followed by sliced rounds of butter.
- Serve with the parsnip chips.