Salmon with fennel and lime
|1||Salmon, (whole salmon, filleted)|
|5 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Fresh thyme|
- Preheat oven to 200 degC. Lay the salmon on a roasting tray. Using a sharp knife, make deep slashes across the skin.
- Heat a fry pan and add the oil(2 tbsp). Add the onions(sliced), garlic(finely sliced) and fennel(sliced). Season and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Fill the cavity of the fish with the fennel. Add the bay leaves. Push the slices of lime( halved and sliced) into the skin then season well all over. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Slice the potatoes, rub with the oil(3tbsp) and thyme leaves. Season then lie on a baking sheet and cook with the salmon. Let the salmon rest for 15 minutes while making the hollandaise.
- Melt the butter and let cool. Pour the vinegar into a small saucepan with the pepper and water. Reduce until 1 tablespoon. Pour this mixture into a bowl that fits comfortably over a saucepan of barely simmering water. Whisk in the egg yolks one by one than add the butter a little at a time until the sauce is thick and creamy. Add lemon juice to taste.