Onion Soup with steamed fish
|1||Onion, thinly sliced|
|2 Tbsp||Cooking oil|
|1||Red onion, thinly sliced|
|1||Leek, washed and finely sliced|
|4||Spring onions, sliced on the bias|
|225 ml||Red wine|
|55 g||Mild mustard|
|4 Tbsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|1 Tbsp||Fresh thyme, leaves|
|1.3 Ltr||Chicken stock|
|500 g||Fish fillets, cut into thin strips (goujons)|
|3 Tbsp||Curry powder|
- In a large saucepan heat the oil. Add brown and red onions with the leek and saute.
- Add the spring onion, wilt, then add the mustard, red wine and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the thyme and stock, simmer for another 30 minutes until reduced by a quarter.
- In a steamer, whisk the curry powder into the water, bring to the boil and steam the goujons for 3-5 minutes.
- Put the sauted onions in heated bowls and place the fish on top. Pour in the soup liquid and serve.