Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat oven to 160C. Halve the pears and remove the cores. Place in a large dish with the beer, tea, honey and boiling water. Poach in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well. Stir in the lemon.
- Fold in the ground almonds and the flour then spoon the mixture into the bottom of a greased baking dish.
- Remove the pears from the poaching liquid and place on top of the mixture, pushing down slightly.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until just set. Serve with pear syrup drizzled over, a dusting of icing sugar and some softly whipped cream.