Razorback wild boar with urenika potatoes
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat oven as hot as possible. Score the boar skin all over and rub well with salt and oil.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180C.
- Slice the onions and halve the garlic cloves.
- Remove the meat, sit on top of the onions, bay leaves and garlic then return to the oven for a further 15 minutes before turning the heat back up for a final 10 minutes. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Peel, core and chop the apples. Place in a saucepan with the sugar and beer.
- Cook gently until soft, approximately 15 minutes. Stir the butter through.
- Boil the potatoes and the beans in salted water until tender. Drain and serve with the sliced boar and apples.