- In a mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast in the water. Stir in the first quantity of flour in three batches. Mix for 1 minute, cover for 1½ hours.
- Sprinkle over the salt and aniseed, then stir in the polenta and wholemeal flour.
- Turn out on to the bench and knead for 10 minutes. Place into a greased bowl, cover and prove until doubled in size. Knock back, divide in half, roll into a ball and roll out to 25cm in diameter.
- Place on to greased and dusted baking sheets, prove for 40 minutes then bake in a preheated 175C oven for 30 minutes.
- Brush while warm with the aniseed olive oil and extra sea salt flakes.