Butter cream icing and flavoured soft icing
Two icing options with your choice of flavours. Each recipe makes 500g, enough to cover one cake.
Butter Cream Icing
Butter cream icing
- Put the butter, milk and any flavouring in a mixing bowl. Sift in the icing sugar a little at a time and beat well between each addition until it has all been incorporated and the mixture is light and creamy.
- This soft, creamy mixture can be used as a filling between layers of any cake and to join pieces of cake together. Spread thinly all over a cake; it will help to fill any holes or gaps and make a smooth surface for ready-to-roll icing.
- Beat the butter and water until creamy; slowly add the icing sugar until well combined.
- If the mixture is stiff, add a few more drops of water.
- Use this to spread over a cake or put in a piping bag for decorating.
Variations Chocolate: Add 1 tbsp cocoa Coffee: Dissolve 1 tsp instant coffee in the water Lemon: Use juice instead of water Orange: Use juice instead of water