- Preheat oven to 110C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Whisk egg whites and salt to a soft foam.
- Gradually whisk in sugar until the mixture forms stiff peaks. Whisk in the vanilla, vinegar and cornflour.
- Turn on to the prepared tray, shaping into an 18-20cm circle, drawing the mixture up high and smoothing off the top.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Do not open the oven during cooking.
- Turn off the oven, open the door slightly and allow the pavlova to cool in the oven.
- When completely cold, decorate with whipped cream and fresh fruit or passionfruit pulp.