Chicken and pecorino lasagne
|600 g||Chicken thighs, (chopped)|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|500 g||Lasagne sheets|
|500 g||Button mushrooms|
|1 bunch||Spinach, (stalks removed)|
- Begin with the bechamel sauce; have two saucepans heating on the stove. Pour the milk into one and keep hot.
- In the other add the butter and melt. Stir in the flour and cook while stirring until you have a smooth paste.
- Add the milk ladle by ladle while stirring, until you have a smooth sauce, cooking over a very gentle heat. Season to taste with salt, pepper and freshly grated nutmeg.
- Heat a large pan and add 2 Tbsp olive oil. Add the chicken, season and cook over a high heat for 10 minutes, then remove and set aside. Add the mushrooms to the pan and saute for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Brush the baking dish lightly with olive oil. Put one layer of lasagne on the bottom then cover with a third of the bechamel sauce.
- Top with the mushrooms and a generous amount of grated pecorino. Add a second layer of the pasta and another third of the bechamel. Top with the fresh spinach then cover with pasta.
- Cover this with the chicken and the remaining bechamel, then cover with grated pecorino and a drizzle of olive oil. Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until bubbling and golden.