Miss America's blueberry and apple pie
( SERVES 10 )
|400 g||Apples, cored, peeled and diced|
|100 g||Candied orange, diced|
|225 g||Hazelnuts, roasted and skinned|
- The day before, combine the blueberries, apple, orange and hazelnuts in a mixing bowl. Cover and set aside.
- To make the pie, grease and flour a Texas muffin tin with a disc of non-stick paper on the bottom.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the icing sugar and flour together.
- Rub the butter into the mixture to form a dough.
- Roll the pastry out to 3mm and cut a disc to come up the sides and just above the tin.
- Spoon the blueberry filling inside the pastry.
- Wet the top of the pastry with water and connect a disc of pastry to make a lid.
- Cut a hole in the centre with scissors and refrigerate for hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 165C and bake the pie for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool slightly and turn out.