Allyson Gofton's potato and roasted peanut hot pot
( SERVES 6 )
|1 kg||Waxy potato, washed|
|1½ cups||Blanched peanuts, roasted and finely chopped|
|2||Green chillies, sliced, deseeded if wished|
|1 Tbsp||Ginger, minced|
|1 tsp||Minced garlic|
|½ cup||Korma curry paste|
|400 ml||Coconut milk|
|1 Tbsp||Palm sugar, grated or brown sugar|
|200 g||Green beans, or small head broccoli|
|4||Eggs, hard boiled, peeled and quartered|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh coriander|
- Turn the slow cooker on to low to pre-warm while gathering and preparing the ingredients. Peel the potatoes if wished and cut into large chunks. Cut the capsicums into large 3cm pieces.
- Into the pre-warmed slow cooker, put the potatoes, capsicums, peanuts, chillies, ginger and garlic. In a jug, stir together the curry paste, coconut milk, water, sugar and salt and pour into the slow cooker. Stir to mix evenly and cover with lid. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, or until all the vegetables are tender.
- Top and tail beans and cut in half or cut the broccoli into florets and stir into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for an additional 30 minutes.
- Alternatively, blanch the vegetables and add to the slow cooker; no extra cooking time needed. Stir in eggs and coriander, and season with extra salt if required.
- Cut half a cauliflower into florets and add to the hot pot with the beans or broccoli.
- Add two peeled and sliced carrots with the potatoes and an additional 1/2 cup water.
- Place a handful of bean sprouts in the base of every bowl before ladling in the vegetables and sauce.