Polenta chips and green olive mayo
( SERVES 2 )
Polenta chips are a great alternative to potato and work well with this easy to prepare mayo.
- Bring the water to a boil then pour in the polenta in a steady stream while whisking.
- Whisk consistently for two minutes until the polenta is thick and lump-free.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the salt, parmesan, butter and rosemary(finely chopped).
- Pour on to a flat tray, make the sides even, and refrigerate for an hour or until set.
- Pour in enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the frypan.
- Slice the polenta into chips and fry in batches for a couple of minutes on each side or until golden and crispy.
- Drain on paper towels before serving with the mayo.
- Mix the mayonnaise, olives, lemon zest and juice together. Season with freshly ground black pepper.