Polenta chips and green olive mayo
Photo by Babiche Martens
Polenta chips are a great alternative to potato and work well with this easy-to-prepare mayo.
|250 g||Instant polenta|
|¼ cup||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|2 tsp||Fresh rosemary, finely chopped|
|1 splash||Olive oil, enough to cover bottom of frypan|
|1 Tbsp||Pitted green olives, finely chopped|
|1 cup||Mayonnaise, good quality|
|1 tsp||Lemon zest, finely grated|
|2 tsp||Lemon juice|
- Bring the water to a boil then pour in the polenta in a steady stream while whisking. Whisk consistently for two minutes until the polenta is thick and lump-free.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the salt, parmesan, butter and rosemary.
- Pour on to a flat tray, make the sides even, and refrigerate for an hour or until set.
- Pour in enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the fry pan. Slice the polenta into chips and fry in batches for a couple of minutes on each side or until golden and crispy. Drain on paper towels and then serve with the mayo.
- Mix the mayonnaise, olives, lemon zest and juice together. Season with freshly ground black pepper.