( SERVES 6 )
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease a 23cm x 33cm baking dish with butter or margarine.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, add a little oil and fry the mince for about five minutes until well-browned, adding the curry and turmeric as you go. Remove into a mixing bowl and keep the fat in the pan.
- Fry the sliced onion for four minutes then add the apple.
- Meanwhile, soak the bread in half a cup of milk and squeeze out the liquid. Shred the squeezed bread and mix into the mince. Add the mince mixture along with the raisins, almonds, lemon juice and one egg.
- Bake for 40 minutes, remove from oven and pour over the last egg combined with the remaining half cup of milk. Bake for a further 15 minutes.