( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|2 cups||Pumpkin, (grated)|
|2 Tbsp||Ground almonds|
|2 Tbsp||Rice flour|
|½ cup||Ricotta cheese|
|2 tsp||Fresh ginger, (finely chopped)|
|1 tsp||Ground tumeric|
|1 tsp||Chilli, (finely chopped, plus extra to serve)|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh coriander, (finely chopped, plus extra to serve)|
|1 to serve||Yoghurt|
|1 to serve||Roti|
|1 to serve||Lemon|
- In a large bowl, put the pumpkin, flour, almonds, ricotta, ginger, turmeric, chilli and coriander.
- Whisk an egg with a fork and add. Add salt to taste and mix all together thoroughly.
- Heat a large heavy based fry pan. Add just enough oil to cover the base. Shape the mixture into small balls.
- This may be easier with wet hands. Slightly flatten each kofta then cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Serve hot with a squeeze of lemon, yoghurt and warmed roti. Extra chopped chilli and coriander can be offered.