( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- In a large bowl, put the pumpkin, flour, almonds, ricotta, ginger, turmeric, chilli and coriander.
- Whisk an egg with a fork and add. Add salt to taste and mix all together thoroughly.
- Heat a large heavy based fry pan. Add just enough oil to cover the base. Shape the mixture into small balls.
- This may be easier with wet hands. Slightly flatten each kofta then cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Serve hot with a squeeze of lemon, yoghurt and warmed roti. Extra chopped chilli and coriander can be offered.