|¾ cup||Flour, seasoned|
|2 kgs||Veal steaks, osso buco cut, sliced|
|4 Tbsp||Clarified butter|
|2||Red onions, diced|
|1||Capsicum, seeded and diced|
|6||Garlic cloves, sliced|
|⅓ cup||Red wine|
|1 Tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|6 Tbsp||Tomato paste|
|4 sprigs||Fresh thyme|
|1 sprig||Fresh rosemary|
|2 cups||Chicken stock|
- In a Dutch oven, add 2 tbsp butter over medium-high heat. Dust veal with seasoned flour and brown. Remove.
- In the same pan, reduce heat to medium, add the remaining butter, onions, capsicum, carrots, leek and garlic. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add the marsala, red wine and vinegar. Stir, cover and simmer for six minutes. Add the herbs and tomato paste.
- Increase to high heat, add the veal and stock, stir and bring to the boil.
- Place into a preheated 115C oven for six hours, or until very tender.
- Lift the veal out and reduce the liquor by half, skimming off excess fat. Serve topped with gremolata and creamy Parmesan mash.