Pork slices with chinese garlic sauce
( SERVES 4 )
- Bring two litres of water to the boil, blanch the pork, then refresh in cold water. Change the water, bring to the boil, add salt, ginger and spring onions.
- Add the pork again, remove any scum that floats to the top and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the pork and check the fluid that runs out - it should be clear.
- Allow to stand for 30 minutes.
- Slice the pork and arrange on a serving plate. Bring the stock back to the boil and ladle over the pork slices.
- For the garlic sauce, mix garlic, soy sauce, chicken stock and chilli oil together thoroughly. Drain the stock off the plate, pour the sauce over the pork slices and garnish with fresh coriander.