Coconut crumpets, wild thyme honey, creme fraiche
- Warm the honey and put in a bowl with the yeast, mix then add the flour and stir to combine.
- Pour the milk, coconut milk and water into a saucepan and heat until tepid.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry, cover and sit somewhere warm for 2 hours.
- Stir the salt, baking soda and coconut into the mixture.
- Heat a heavy based fry-pan. Use crumpet rings available from kitchen shops, egg rings or cook like pikelets.
- If using rings, grease lightly with a little butter before placing in the pan.
- Spoon mixture into the pan and cook for 4 minutes until golden underneath, then remove from rings and flip.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve warm with creme fraiche and extra honey drizzled over.