Chicken, baby vegetables, wine and cream
( SERVES 4 )
- Preheat oven to 200C. Dry the chicken with paper towels, season and stuff the cavity with thyme.
- Using a cast iron casserole dish, heat the olive oil and butter on the top of the stove.
- Add the chicken and brown on all sides, which will take approximately 15 minutes.
- Pour the wine, stock and cream over the chicken, then cover with a lid and cook for 50 minutes, basting twice.
- Add the baby vegetables to the casserole then recover and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a serving platter to rest.
- Reduce the juices over a high heat and taste for seasoning before spooning over the chicken and vegetables.