Creamy mushroom and pancetta soup
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over high heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened. Add the mushrooms, milk, salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 4-5 minutes. You can use a variety of mushrooms for this recipe. Try a selection of button, brown, field mushrooms or even shitake.
- Remove from heat and blend with a hand-held blender until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the pancetta and thyme for 2-3 minutes or until golden and crisp. If pancetta is unavailable, you can also use bacon or prosciutto for this recipe.
- Top the soup with pancetta and thyme to serve.