For the base and mousse:
|½ cup||Butter, melted|
|1 cup||Malt biscuits, crumbed|
|4||Eggs, yolks only|
|150 g||Caster sugar|
|250 ml||Passionfruit juice, heated|
|3||Gelatine leaves, soaked in cold water until limp|
|300 ml||Whipped cream|
|50 ml||Passionfruit liqueur, or wine|
For the jelly:
- For the base and mousse, line a baking tray with non-stick paper, cutting in at the corners.
- In a food processor, blitz the butter into the malt biscuits and, using a coffee tamper, pat down the base and refrigerate.
- In a mixing bowl over a double boiler, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until think and glossy.
- Dissolve the squeezed gelatine in the passionfruit syrup, then add the liqueur. Fold in the egg mixture, then chill the mixture before folding in the cream. Pour over the base and set in the refrigerator until firm (this will take at least three hours).
- For the jelly, warm the simple syrup, add the squeezed gelatine and stir to dissolve. Stir in the passionfruit juice and chill. Pour into a jug, then pour the glaze over the mousse and set in the refrigerator.
- Remove the slab from the tin, cut into squares with a hot knife and serve with extra passionfruit pulp.