Pineapple sago semifreddo with palm sugar and coconut
- To make the sago: bring the water and salt to a boil then slowly pour in the sago. Let it boil for 5 minutes then turn off the heat and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Leave for 10 minutes in which time the sago grains will become clear.
- Run some cold water into the saucepan, stir then tip the contents into a sieve while shaking so the water runs off. Put the sago into a bowl and chill.
- To make the semifreddo: in an electric mixer, beat the yolks until thick and pale. Heat the milk and sugar while stirring to dissolve the sugar, then simmer for 3 minutes.
- Pour on to the egg yolks and continue beating until the mixture is cold. Fold the cream in thoroughly then gently fold in the pineapple. The sago will now be firm, so stir to break up then fold into the mixture so there are small chunks visible. Pour into a container and chill.
- Chop up the palm sugar and put in a saucepan with the water. Heat gently until melted then serve poured over the semifreddo with toasted coconut and extra pineapple.