Lace pancake with crab, mushroom and mung beans
( SERVES 4 )
- To make the pancakes, whisk together in a mixing bowl all the ingredients to make a smooth batter, then pour into a jug.
- Heat an omelette pan, drizzle in a little oil to coat the bottom and sides of the pan. Pour enough batter into the pan to make a thin pancake. Once sealed, flip over to seal opposite side and slide out on to a small plate. Cover to keep warm for wrapping.
- To make the filling, fold all the ingredients together in a bowl. Then lay out one of the pancakes on a damp tea towel and place a strip of mixture on one end.
- Start to roll then fold in the sides on an angle and continue roll up tightly.
- Heat a deep fryer to 170C. Dip the rolls through the flour then the egg and deep-fry until golden.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve with Nuoc cham dipping sauce.