Mussels in wine and tomato sauce
( SERVES 4 )
- Peel onion and chop finely. Crush garlic, peel and chop finely.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion, garlic and thyme. Cook for one minute, stirring often.
- Scrub mussels and add to onion mixture with white wine.
- Bring to the boil, turn down heat and cook for four minutes or until mussels open. Discard any that do not open.
- Add tomatoes, cream, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Scatter with parsley. Serve in bowls with crusty bread on the side.